There are many things that need to be taken into account before you adopt a new dog. Please be aware of the following considerations:
- Do you rent your home?
- Does your landlord allow pets?
- Do you have children?
- Are your children comfortable around animals?
- Can you afford a new pet? Food, bowls, toys, blankets, vaccinations, dog licenses, spay or neuter, vet check ups, grooming, flea and heartworm prevention etc.
- Do you have the time for a new pet?
- Are you willing to train a new pet?
- Do you have space for a new pet? All dogs need exercise and some need more space than others.